Friday, September 18, 2009

A Legacy of Quilts

Quilts actually have a long legacy in my family as my grandma (now in Heaven) made a quilt for every one of her children and grandchildren. She loved to sew and a few years before she died she bought me a sewing machine for my high school graduation to help pass the "sewing" legacy on. This is definitely my most cherished present and I have spent MANY hours sewing and creating things. So one day, I am going to make a quilt. The wheels in my brain are starting to turn....

Here is a quilt my grandma made for me when I was little. Yes, it is made COMPLETELY of "polyester" fabric scraps ( I am sure from old polyester outfits hanging in her closet) and the fabric on the back is red and white Santas with reindeer but it was made entirely with love and that's why I love it so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment